Thread: Klaxson Horn
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #9
tomcarman

Default Re: Klaxson Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
If it is a true motor driven horn as used initially in '32 production and not a vibrator horn used for the rest of the model year, in addition to oiling the motor shaft, there is an adjustment screw protruding through the back of the cover where you can adjust the sound of the horn. Normally, only very slight adjustments are required to achieve the desired sound.
Thanks, Iwent out there in the dark this morning and sure enough the adjustment screw was there on the back as described. Turned it clockwise and it got worse, turned it counter clockwise until better, then too much. Adjusted it back and got it to go through its cycle. I'm not quite satisfied with the sound. I think I'll take it off the car at some point, clean it and lube it. I'll take a look and see who the manufacturer was. And yes, very little adjustment is needed. Also, it seems "Klaxson" is used interchangebly with other manufacturers, much the same as the noun "Kleenex" is used for all brands of tissues. Thanks for all your help! I continue to learn from all of you.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote