View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #43
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Thanks guys! Mounted my nice ford 'heavy duty' oil bath air cleaner onto a down pipe to my turbo. Welded a sturdy bracket onto it and painted it. New clutch is buttoned up with trans back on and now I am obsessing about hydraulic slave cylinders and radiator hoses. I plan to push in the clutch master cylinder push rod with the same leg off the clutch pedal Henry used. That puts the master cyl down on the frame rail so I'll get one with a remote resevoir. All 3 pedals will be bone stock in the cab. I just mounted a shifter knob from a T9 crash box on the gm transmission. I also plan to keep my ford instrument panel all stock, using flathead senders. The truck is already 12 v with the resistors. Pictures tomorrow.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote