View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:35 PM   #39
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Glad you had a spare rear axle - that was a lifesaver! Sounds like you'll be back in business soon . . . stick with it!
Thanks for the vote of confidence! My '92 is the backbone of all my hauling duties. Some of you have visited (all are invited). 1/2 mile of very steep switchback gravel road. Climbs about 600' in that distance. A HECK of a place to run a business, but it's private and peaceful and the view over Puget Sound is worth it. My wife has suggested I might buy a newer hauler for the business, but 10 grand for a newer truck with a quarter million miles... This one has 120,000 on it (hard island miles) but low for a 7.3 IDI. 5 speed ZF. In low range 4wd I have pulled the most crazy loads up this hill, never spun a wheel. Not once. Has a 12000 lb warn below the deck and an 8000 lb ramsey up front. Re-create that in a craigslist truck for the cost/hassel of swapping a rear end. I have the best wife ever, but she doesn't know a GOOD truck. What wife does? I continue to hijack my own thread but today being Saturday we went to town and I got a bunch of grade 8 fine thread bolts for my cummins project and some 2 1/4" exhaust parts for my intake to the turbo. This couples to an original ford oil bath air cleaner sitting atop the cummins. Pictures to follow but tomorrow I have to get this load of lumber to the kiln.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote