View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #22
GB SISSON

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

Well, the front clip is still off because I continue to fine tune the engine and engine bay, but that doesn't mean I can't continue to improve the rest of the vehicle. A fellow Washington barner had the tailgate I needed and though his health is an issue right now, he reached out with a really friendly price on a tailgate he wasn't going to use. He lives on the Wa. mainland, as most Washingtonians, do and my wife and I are finally vaccinated and were going off the island for our anniversary. We had an extremely memorable visit with a fellow barner along with driving in the rain in his model A. My entire adult life has been punctuated with the amazing side trips that happen only because I am a lover of old fords and antiquities in general. A trip to the mainland that involved just saving $ at costco, a doctor visit and new glasses would be soooo boring if we did not also visit with a fellow enthusiast. My hat is off to the great folks who love our old fords and continue to house, feed and love them!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT 1.JPG (176.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg PT 2.JPG (143.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg PT 3.JPG (156.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg PT 4.JPG (127.6 KB, 47 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)