View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 08:51 PM   #359
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
Got the dimensions of the crank and the journals for the rods, plus rechecked the cylinder bores. While there I decided it might be good to have a spare engine, so working on that in the near future also.

Ok I pulled a really dumb one today on the 32. I was cleaning things and decided to clean the 32 front windshield. Ok outside was fine. I never thought about the inside till i sprayed some glass cleaner on it in a random pattern. Took a couple swipes with a paper towel and realized I had begun to destroy the great 70 year old inspection sticker in the right lower corner! I stopped but damage had already been done to the top edge and the right side. I felt really bad about that. It is still about 90% there. So word of caution to everyone trying to save things like this. I should have known better!

The car show was awesome well attended with cars and visitors! Lots of Fords and folks to talk cars and tractors too! Giving me ideas on another potential Ford truck project too. Saw a great 31 Vicky, black all steel, but had a chevy engine. pictures tomorrow.

David,
Good to know about the Ford tractors too. My Jubilee would fit right in!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote