View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #96
Rex_A_Lott

Default Re: Model a habitats

Quote:
Originally Posted by miff View Post
Purdue: Saw your picture of you running dual carbs . I am trying to do the same . Useing a vortex dual updraft manifold with two number two style b carbs. They have the float baffel and float spring. My set up is on a speedster with the fuel tank in the rear. This requires a fuel pump . Running one to two pounds of pressure. I have followed vortex's instructions regarding the carb adjustments . It will not idle around six to five hundred rpms ( dies). Have adjust gav no real help. Idles around eight to thousand rpms, also it does not start right up like it did with one b carb. I have did the wd40 test checking for leaks . No increase in rpms. The b carbs where professionally restored , flow tested , run in an other car, ect . Timing is right on . Car has a mechanical spark advance .Intake and exhaust manifold was removed from car bolted together and leveled. Any pointers that I am missing ? Any input would be great . Thanks Miff
Purdy doesnt post here any more, not sure if he reads any at all, you might try sending him a PM. I would also post this over on the HAMB under the banger thread, you may get some pointers.
DO you have a cam, High compression head, any other mods or did you just change the intake? Provide as many details as you can for the best help
Good Luck
Rex_A_Lott is offline   Reply With Quote