View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #15
GB SISSON

Default Re: Reviving a proper six

I can look it up, but I bet someone beats me to it. Lets just say that the day after I brought this thing back to life I went down in the morning, pulled the choke, pumped the throttle twice and the very instant I hit the start button it roared to life. I have tinkered with old engines of all types for over 50 years. Cars and trucks, tractors, outboards, antique marine and stationary engines, you name it. To me a hot spark trumps all. If the mixture is too rich, the engine starts and smokes black. If the mixture is too lean, it starts and runs poorly, missing and sputtering. The bosch blue and probably the other brands of 'super coils', produce the kind of spark I like. Fat blue spark and audible and jumps like 3/8" when all is good. Edit: Looked it up. Looks like they are all made in Brazil now, but according to a site called 'Bus Depot'there are ones made in Brazil for the German market, and others for the Brazilian market. They sell the ones for the German market and at 49.95. I got mine on amazon. The box mine came in has a number of 9 220 081 083
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 10-14-2021 at 08:40 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote