View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 10:10 AM   #22
Corley

Default Re: Model A 350/350 Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves46 View Post
For cars slated for delivery to Florida they seem to. I know it's the owner's call to install whatever they want but never could understand why most in my area do not desire to keep a Ford in a Ford? In fairness maybe the 289s or 302s are more expensive and not as easy to install as an SBC.
What is so great about keeping a Ford in a Ford? It's just a bunch of metal parts, and absolutely nothing sacred about it. That mentality is just an irrational state of mind. An engine is an engine, and guys install what they know, or what fits in easily, or what comes cheapest. That is often an SBC.

Sure, brand loyalty is a real thing and a factor, but purely for myself, it is a dumb thing if there is something else that makes more sense. I've always had a soft spot for '53-'54 Studebaker's, because I had one back then. (I like the lines of that model.) But no way would I stick a Studie engine in an A when an SBC is cheaper, more available, with lots of after market parts, it's cheaper, lighter, smaller, so fits in an A frame much easier, and has been done a thousand times already, so lot's of info available. It just makes sense.

At least, that is what I think, and I'm sticking to it. In today's world, most all cars are about the same... Same look, same quality, same function, same same... Now that is something to be sad about, but it is fact... If I can't read the label on it, I can't even tell you what brand it is, and we used to know every brand, model, and the specs back in the day. But it's OK, cause kids today don't even want to get a driver's license until they need it to get to work.

What the hell happened? And you are worried about "a Ford in a Ford"???
Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)