View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Anyone heard from TOD lately about casting a new block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
I wonder if TOD and Mark Kirby know each other as both are working on casting 8BA blocks?

Kirby's new block (it's actually getting kind of old now and STILL hasn't been released) is pretty unique in several ways. It is an aluminum casting, and one bizarre feature to facilitate the huge increase in bore diameter is the re-arrangement of head bolt holes threaded into the deck. This means that stock or aftermarket performance Ford flathead cylinder heads will not bolt to this block. In fact, I believe there are more proprietary (Mark Kirby), non-traditional parts that must be used on this "jewel" that is slated to hit the streets (as has been widely-advertised for YEARS) ANY MINUTE NOW!
And the last I heard (quite a few years back) was that the retail on this beast was going to be $12K +! With just a little inflationary adjustment, I wouldn't be surprised at something closer to $19,995, or even MORE! Folks will be standing in line...…….NOT! I've just read recently that someone noted that the test engine has just been transplanted into an early '50s Ford. Obviously, they're still workin' out a few minor, last minute bugs. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote