View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #302
John Dayhuff

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Thanks for your input Brent, I totally know where your coming from and I appreciate your honesty. I know that the last two owners of the car had more money then they knew what to do with so it was just something that they acquired along the way and neither one of them had any real interest in the car, in fact I know the current owner very we'll and he's had it for at least 6-7 years that I know of and he's never driven it and has no interest in the car and has never even heard it run. I talked to the guy that did get it running after it had been sitting for approximately 10 years I'm guessing and he drove it up and down the road a few times but that was it, it wasn't his to really be put through the paces and then it got parked again where it's been sitting again for the last 4-5 years. I would be surprised if the car even started under it's own battery power after so long again.
Anyways, I was told to make an offer on it but I don't want to take a bath on the car since it's not something I would keep for a long period but it would be fun for a little change of pace is all. I know putting a number on it is hard especially not being able to see it but I did tell him that I would want to start and drive the car before making any kind of offer but I just didn't know where to begin without getting the door slammed in my face is all. What with that said and your input, would $5K be a good starting point of an offer even if it didn't run and I was not able to drive it?
Thanks,