View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #301
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dayhuff View Post
Got a question on the value of a Huckster. I know of one thats available that is either a 28 or 29 I can't remember. I've seen the car a few times and it's painted red with the black fenders. Over all it seems to be in decent shape but I've never really seen it in the daylight but the car has only been started a couple of times in the last ten years I'm going to say. The wood looked good from what I could tell, interior was nice too. The paint was dirty from sitting around but I don't remember there being anything bad about the paint that I remember but again I never got a good daylight look at it yet. So my question is, whats something like this worth as it sits? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi John, there is no real way to 'armchair appraise' this vehicle. It could be a well-prepared vehicle that was never driven, -or it could be a very poorly repaired vehicle that was unreliable so it was parked all these years.

If you use $10k as a starting point, if the engine was only 'rebuilt with a spray can' and does not run that strongly, then $3k - $5k is a realistic number for you to have the engine rebuilt. If the brakes are weak, then $1k - $2k is not unrealistic for you to rebuild the entire braking system. The same applies to steering. If the tires are old and tired from setting, good tubes & tires will be over $1k. If the gas tank is full of rust and debris, it will be over $2k to restore the tank correctly.

That is enough for you to see my point. Everyone has a different idea of what the word 'Restored' means. More often than naught, most vehicles are just 'Repaired & Repainted' instead of truly being being Restored. Just realize this when you establish the value.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote