View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #11
JayJay

Default Re: Crankshaft pulley fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Unrelated to your pulley, but in your picture it appears you have a hex head nut where your front spring center bolt is?? Is that sitting in the front crossmember OK? The stock square head bolt sits flush with the crossmember.
Well, I'll be damned. Thanks for the eagle eyes. I took a close look and that is in fact a hex head. But the head is depressed in the center. Either it's a hex bolt head with a depression in the center (which I've not seen) or else it's a length of all-thread with a nut on each end, and the top is not fully threaded to flush with the top of the nut. That's a kind of scary thought. It fits fine where it is, and there's clearance in the bottom of the crank guide casting for the head, but it's clearly not correct. The cross member ears look to be in good shape for the square head bolt so it should not be too difficult to put it right.

One more thing to add to the list - get that replaced with correct. I'll have to think whether I can get some clamps on the leaves sufficient to do that while it's in the frame, or just leave it until I do a frame-off. If I do a frame-off. Sigh. Thanks for noticing that. I'd better check the rear too.

My wife is philosophical - she says I got this to tinker with, and so far I've done gobs of tinkering and not much driving.

I appreciate all the good advice, folks. Stay safe, isolated and masked.

JayJay
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote