View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
peters180a/170b

Default Re: Sorry "NO"second "DATE" l.o.l.

THANK YOU Steve Plucker , should of scored more then it did. I'll put you on the very LONG LIST. So far 1 judge called 1,2,and 3 the way it fell that nite. But thats only 1 judge said that. A total of 6 who judged said they were very surprised at a low score of 476 for this car. ALL said high 480's low 490's. In 10 of the 23 area ,,i heard from i lost a total of less the 2 points. That left 2,3,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,15,18,20,23.[.23] i have a n.o.s. chrome wiper motor that worked perfect ! 14 paint/striping ,,well the strip was super done and you yourself see's pictures.I was told car was over restored. Car ran great,top /upholstery done by Bill Sturm,,,Engine judge said best engine tied with Doug Clayton's roadster as both our undercarriage. were too.So i wait to see where i lost 22 points.I have 3 very knowledgeable "A" person's who wish not to be a judge, said to make copies in which 1 is a accountant and have found error's in the past.1 said make sure all 23 area sheets are there. Sounds like one was missing..l.o.l. Anyway i sit and wait . One thing that bothers me is a judge about my luggage rack?? First its "NOT" a accessorie its "STANDARD " on first 6 months of 180A's [ended in early 1931] .Second he has a 180a rack and sounds like a very early one at that. Someone should tell him there's more then 1 manufacture's of the 180A racks as he looked as if mine was a repro!!!!. AS i showed him[after the fact] it was not..Things like this turns up as my mentor from the far west had warned me in the past.. it all depends on the judges and what they really know.So now i am just doing fun meets .I recieved the top award and it does not bother me as it does alot of other people on the score amount.Must be Principal with them??? One car should of not been there in their views. I speak my word and hold nothing back..
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote