View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
firefirefire90

Default Re: Hello all, new to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
"If I cannot put a lot of money or effort into this build(i'm still in college), I will either let it sit in my garage or sell it to an enthusiast. "

First of all, what do you want to do with it? I'll narrow it down to three broad areas.

1) Restoration - to bring back to original look, parts etc.
2) Mild Modification - To bring back to almost original look, some or all of the following; add non original accessories, change to juice brakes, different engine configurations such as ignition, voltage etc.
3) Rod - change out the engine for non stock like a v8 or pinto engine, remove body parts, chop & channel etc.

Like I said there are BROAD interpitations.

Tell us what you want to do and we will guide you to get the car you want.
My dad and I have been restoring MGB's for quite some time so a full restoration has been thrown around, but I'm not too interested in modifying or making it a rat rod. Although I like that style, it is not the direction I like to take my vehicles. I would like to keep this car as original as possible, and just sort of make it "nice." A respray is out of the question, but getting the thing running/drivable is a possibility for the time being. The engine seems simple enough to tinker on while I have spare time and getting the car running although not simple, doesn't seem unachievable.
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote