View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #11
Dan39Deluxe

Default Re: 1939 ford deluxe accelerator return spring location/installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
Yes, I am that Mart from Mart's garage.
I just looked at a spring and if you look end on the spring with the long end towards you, if you have the short end sticking straight up at lets say the 12 o'clock position, the long end should be sticking down at between the 5 and 6 o'clock position.
If your spring is like the one pictured, the long end looks like it is at around the 9 o'clock position.
In other words your spring might be a bit difficult to get on.

Like David said, it's better to offer the assembly into the car with the spring not engaged on the vertical part of the pedal lever.
So offer it in with the pedal in the up position in the car, the long end of the spring sticking down. You might have to pull the spring to get it to this position if it is over wound like I described.
Then with the pedal still in the up position pull the spring long end up and hook it over the pedal lever.
Then pull the lever up (further winding the spring) and hook up the linkage.
I just put up my latest video and by coincidence that shows the throttle pedal.
Oh and thanks for watching Mart's Garage.
Mart.

Thanks Mart, and thanks everyone. I got it!
The lil bugger was tough but ya I had to bend it basically 360 degrees around. I bent the little sucker a bit getting it right but I couldn't have done it without ya'll!

Here's a pic for anyone that may stumble across this thread of the correct position of one of these new springs compared to how I had it in my first photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210613_115201.jpg (322.1 KB, 185 views)
Dan39Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote