View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #17
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD-Ordie View Post
I don't have any kind of shifter yet, except the takeoff from my TKO-600. Maybe I can make it work for this test. I did read all I could on the MDL site and learned I have the WC version. Fluid requirements is pretty important ! I would not have thought Dextron III

The reason for the DEXRON III is because of the material on the blocker rings (synchronizer rings). The fluid must be compatible or you'll ruin the blockers. Hopefully, someone has not used regular old SAE 90 weight or something similar...which would ruin your blocker rings.

OK, you mention that you need a way to shift your transmission. Watch the video in the link BELOW. This is a video that shows the entire, yet simple process for changing-out the REAR shifter housing for the "S-10" housing that I had mentioned previously to move your shifter forward. This video uses a Camaro T5, but the S-10 housing also fits the MUSTANG T5. If you run the video forward to the 29:20 position, you will see the steel block with hole in it to receive the bottom ball of the shifter. Note the position (rotation) of the block, as well as the length (fore and aft) of the shift rod as it goes FORWARD into the lid. The position it is in as shown is NEUTRAL. So once the trans is in NEUTRAL, you can reach in and rotate that metal block toward the RIGHT (Passenger) side of trans.

**(If it won't rotate to the right, the trans is NOT in NEUTRAL)**

Once you move that metal block to the RIGHT, then move the metal SHIFTER BLOCK/rod assembly to the REAR. The movement should feel "notchy", just like the shifter feels as you shift a gear. You MAY have to use a screwdriver or such to pry and 'help' the block/shift rod move REARWARD. Once it moves rearward, you should be in 1st gear.

What you're doing by moving the metal block around is exactly the opposite position of where the shifter would be.....think about it! The video link is BELOW. Watch the whole thing....GOOD T5 info, some of which you may need. Let us know what your 1st gear ratio is. Hopefully, your 1st gear will be 3.35 ratio. DD

https://youtu.be/Dst89HqW8ow

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote