View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:54 PM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD-Ordie View Post
Thanks V8Coopman, that's a good option to have if needed. Currently waiting on parts to get the bell housing and adapter in place, going to take some good measurements and go from there. Rough measurements while still assembled with the stock stuff are showing me the shifter is falling just in front of my bench seat, but if an inch or so is needed , MDL has some good shifter options. If much more is needed, your info is appreciated!! Thanks!!

LD .....With respect, I believe you just MIGHT be getting a bit ahead of yourself. You still haven't mentioned WHICH T5 you're planning on using, or that you are taking measurements from to get the CORRECTLY-dimensioned adapters. Do you realize that depending on WHICH T5 you decide to use that there are at least SEVEN different lengths for T5 input shafts? You'll also need to know the dimensions on the INPUT SHAFT Bearing Retainer for a correctly-fitted adapter. You REALLY sound like you need to do some serious reading (or consult with someone more knowledgeable in the world of T5s for a more thorough understanding of what the BASIC T5 design offers (a hell of a lot) in diversity of application, as well as how much the basic design lends itself to mixing 'n matching of parts for custom applications.....like SHIFTER PLACEMENT for one, in addition to the choosing of optimum close-ratio gear selection for the street. I've seen too many guys that buy the first T5 that comes-along, install it....and have that particular T5 end up making their ride a miserable experience. Just a suggestion! Would really enjoy hearing how your project is progressing! DD

A Little Bit of Interesting T5 Info

Some Additional Background & History

https://www.moderndriveline.com/the-...ces-of-the-t5/

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote