View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #45
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: USPS damage in shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you.
If anyone thinks that a UPS, FedEX or USPS employee has time to carefully place your box, then you are living in LaLa land. All of these shippers handle millions of packages on a daily basis.
It is up to the shipper to package the box well.
I'd received within a small flat rate box (USPS) two extremely rare tail lamp lens (NOS). The shipper, I kid you not, had wrapped a single (read ONE) piece of paper towel around the pair. Um, guess what? A million pieces. I blame only the (idiot) shipper.

In the past week, I have received two, not one, but TWO reproduction trunk lids from Carpenter via FedEx. Both were heavily damaged in shipping.
This is on Carpenter. Each was packed within a cardboard box with NO internal reinforcement. Each had nothing more than a number of those air pillows.
OUCH What scares me is, I'm participating in an auction soon on-line, from a sale about 900 miles from home, on a very very delicate antique that won't be cheap. I spoke with the auction house and they assured me that they have packed and shipped many similar items, double boxed, etc. and never had one arrive broken. If I had the time I'd rather DRIVE out there and get this. There is no way I can physically be there at the sale.

I may still do this you guys are really creeping me out I just don't trust any carriers in the shipping business anymore.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote