Thread: Rain
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 01:50 AM   #14
DRG-ler

Default Re: Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
The top is draughty enough that fogging is not an issue but in my Tudor, we have a very different thing. No leaks but lots of fog. Apart from a hot water heater, a RHD car can't be heated.

Yes, I also had the experience with the fogged windows. Even the one with the missing heater. I drove to a classic car meeting at the beginning of April last year, and it was 3-4 degrees Celsius here in Berlin. Not exactly the ideal temperature for a ride in a Tudor. So I decided to retrofit a heater. The choice fell on a 6V Bosch Wagenheizer from 1935. A hot water heater with a fan.

The heating is now fully installed and works great! When I take the Ford out of the garage and drive 500m, warm air is already coming out of the fan! The car heater has another advantage. It has two hose connections for the warm air.
I am currently working on developing a vent that sits behind the dash rail and blows the warm air against the windshield. A wooden model that has been created has already been read in with the 3D scanner in order to process it on the computer. When that's done, the whole thing goes into 3D printing.
It should then be a solution that is optically invisible, significantly increases the utility of the car and increases safety.

The tip with the Rainex is also very good! The wipers are in fact just alibi. I'll test that again.

But one more question from me about rain in the Model A ...
With the exception of the front and rear windows, the windows have no external seal. When washing or in the rain, the water runs down the outside of the window and into the door. Ideally, the water runs out again at the bottom.
But what happens to the side panes?? Where does the water that is in the side walls run to? So far I haven't been able to find a drain opening?
Is there a seal that rests against the outside of the pane and catches at least a large part of the water?

MFG Andy
DRG-ler is offline   Reply With Quote