View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
Frank Miller

Default where is this all going

Please do not get political on this post. I know it is a fine line but refrain from bashing politicians or policies. Not my intent or something I need help with.
As a result of the world's current status it looks like it will be a sparse year for car shows again. One I am involved with is considering suspending a show this year because of uncertainty. Right now is when we start with our mailings. I voted to not go forward for several reasons partly because even if we can do it participation will be down.

The western meet is canceled and January is typically when the Hershey spots must be reserved.

Two years in a row without our show and no meetings to attract new members could deep six it as a result of lack of help. I can really see a scenario signaling the demise of some clubs due to lack of meetings, especially where participation can be hard to come by.
I personally have refrained from associating with some people because I'm afraid of putting them in fear. I'm lucky I have a pretty good circle but it sure has gone downhill this year and I'm not sure how easy we can go up.