View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:10 PM   #24
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Default Re: whats the best & worst car to buy in 1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHuDWah View Post
Maybe Henry could have afforded to build the T until his death, but could he have sold it? 1923 was the high water mark for the T. After that, production and price dropped every year as customers bought other makes with more modern features. During 1929, production increased to a pre-1926 level. Then the crash happened and production again fell off. I submit the crash and consequent depression, rather than the A, was the reason for Ford's lack of profitability through the 30s and WW2. No doubt the T put the world on wheels and made Ford rich. But I have to wonder whether he might not have become even richer if he hadn't stubbornly clung to it, and had introduced the A a few years earlier.
Based purely on a business decision your comments are sound. My point is Ford is indicted for a lack of basic business skills in his desire to continue with the T..I contend it was arrogance,he could continue regardless of profit..in full knowledge of the violation of a basic business tenet, "the customer is always right"...Those who criticize him easily point to a lack of basic business accumen,that doesn't square with the man's achievements.
Jack Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote