Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 01:51 PM   #19
miniceptor86

Default Re: Introduction

Thanks for the kind comments. I flew out and drove it the 800 miles home over 2 1/2 days. It’s on 15” American Racing Torque Thrust wheels and radial tires. The flathead seems to run great, starts, idles nice no unusual noises that I recognize. Still running the 3sp on the floor, torque tube and 3.73? Rear axle. Headlights have been converted to sealed beams. Mis-matched bumpers.

As I have found out on this forum you can’t judge the displacement by the outside appearance. I was told it has a ‘53 Mercury in it, it has Merc heads with an 8RT 9510 F carb tag and 8RT/8BA manifold. On the block intake deck it has a stamped 4 inside a square. Cast into the block at the 12 o’clock position where the bell housing attaches is a M, at 10-11 it has M2824. So what is it??? I guess I’ll find out when I get around to the leaky pan.

So far I have rewired it using a Painless fuse panel. Everything is grounded back to the battery via a buss bar. I installed a rear sway bar and shocks and Woodward series speedo and gauges. I replaced the radiator with one from Wizard cooling as the old one was too far gone for a simple fix. Future projects include fixing the leaky pan, getting the windshield roll out fixed. I’d like to replace the dash panel as the po butchered it with a modern radio install. I need to explore the wipers, the screeching rear windows when rolled down or up. The banjo steering wheel has the usual cracks but no missing chunks. I don’t like the diameter of the rim so maybe a leather padded cover is in line. And a little lift to the front.

More later if you care!
miniceptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote