View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 03:43 AM   #96
inex01

Default Re: Success with improvements for touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott07922 View Post
My first car was a 29 Model A, which I bought using my mustering out pay from US Army in 1946. I bought it in 1947. It was a open cab pickup. A friend and I put a mattress in the back. We then set off from Tucson, Arizona, ad drove it to Kansas. We picked apples at my friend's grandfather's farm, and peddled them around the area. Then on to New York city, and up to New Hampshire. Then on to Chicago, and to Denver, and through Montrose and Silverton, Colorado. We ended up back in Tucson. On this trip, I had to have the engine worked on, burned out the generator, and broke a leaf in the front spring. The next year, made a round trip from Tucson to Los Angeles. Coast to coast in a Model A!
What a adventure! that is one adventure I would really like to do in the future, pack up my 31 Slant sedan and hit the road, I would take as many back roads as possible. Today I turned 65! still operating my business and this is very tempting, my runway is getting shorter and shorter so this may be the time to make some changes, but changes are tough. Bottom line thanks for sharing your story it just may trigger a decision!