View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 01:14 AM   #84
Henry's Lady's Man

Default Re: Success with improvements for touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
OK, you naysayers are correct and I am wrong, I spent all night removing all that stuff from the car. You are correct, an engine with less vibration will not make any difference to the babbitt at all. Turning 2200 @ 70 is of no help, lets just wind it up to 2500 rpm or more and totally fall off the torque curve, you are right. Yep, lets put in a 3.27 and be ready for the mountains. why not a 2.81, I have contacted Snyders to have that special set cut just for me.
In fact, I not only removed all the stuff I mentioned, but I went back in time even more and installed a pile of Model T stuff, it is even older and thus must be even better on today's busy interstates. Man it was all I could do to get that magneto flywheel on that A, but I did it !!!
In fact, why drive it at all? Just trailer it and you'll never have to worry about any of this; that is my next move. Actually why have the car at all?

I have been in 2 clubs and both have had a couple killed and the car destroyed by trucks coming up behind them and smashing them because they were slower than surrounding traffic, but why would anyone care about that?

As I said at the outset, if you don't like it don't do it...which means if you don't like it, don't do it. Run your car however you want. Use rubber band drive; put in a Briggs and Stratton, how about a make&break; what about cucumber drive?

I think some folks on the forum have forgotten to take their medication.
Now, I think some of these folks did not read the disclaimer... if you don't like it, just do your own thing.
I have no problem (ok, maybe just a little) with someone making their A a little smoother and faster in the city or on long tours. So TBird, go for it and ignore the negativity. It's your car anyway.
I know a lot of folks in my club that want me to change this or that. I personally like original. Mine has been that way all these years and I sorta respect that. You can't get it back once it's gone. BUT THAT'S ME! Wifey and I just went on our maiden voyage of 300 miles in Bonnie, and we kept at 45 to 50, even on the 75 mph hwy! Did I piss off truckers? or some of the club members? sure I did. But tough titties! I did my own thing. Maybe our club should go in two groups... fast and slow. They can eat all the best donuts and we'll get leftovers when we come pluggin' along.
I have no argument with you, TBird.