View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #29
Roger V

Default Re: Timely Parts delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
I'm not going to target a vendor, but items from the big stores (Mac's/Snyder's) still come fairly quickly, but I like using the small independent guy's like Mike's, Bratton's, Bert's and some of the other's as much as possible, some time it is more money to use the small independent guy's but if it's American made then I am sold, so tired of the Chinese garbage that I don't mind paying for quality American parts, I'm about 90%/10% towards the small guy's vs the big boys when ordering.
With the small guy's I can understand a delay with them, having a reduced workforce and all.
Just something I noticed
And support the homegrown small vendor's like Mike's, Bratton's, Bert's and the other's, or we will be stuck with with only two choices (you know who they are) and their cheap foreign made parts.
Model A parts vendors pretty much sell the same manufactured parts. Rarely is there more than one manufacturer for a given part. While there are more Model A's than other makes of that era, volume is still very small when it comes to profitable manufacturing. Be happy that Snyder's as well as Bratton's and to a lessor degree, Mike's have parts manufactured and then distribute to the smaller companies. Funding tooling can be quite high especially with small sale volume payback.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote