View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
SeaSlugs

Default Re: gas treatment/ stabilization that works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
I just don't seem to have the problems with the new junk gas like others.Most of my work has been old junk that sat around for years,so maybe I'm just used to fooling with gummed up and corroded fuel systems.We've had alcohol in the gas at one station here since 1980,it was marketed as gasahol.I don't remember any of us paying much attention to it.We just used it.I worked at a John Deere dealer across the street from the place and we got all of our fuel there.We had two gas road tractors we used to haul equipment with,a Ford with a 534 gas engine,and a Mack with a 707 gas engine.I do remember the Mack didn't like that gas much.It probably was because we only used the Mack for the heavy stuff,and we were kind of overworking it.
we dont either... Been around a long time here too. I'm wondering if its been around so long by us that these new cities who has had regular gas that does leave a varnish the ethanol starts breaking this up in the underground tanks and starts clogging fuel systems.

Heck our pushmower sat outside all winter under our boat (plenty of snow all over the engine) and the gascan in the shed from last year (probably before october), put whatever was left in the can into the tank, primed it 10 times and fired up 2nd pull...

Even my 1980 Chevette manual states its safe to use E10 in it. If it wasn't safe GM or any other car manufacturer would specifically state it wasnt safe so you couldn't sue them.

BUT

it surely cant hurt anything to add some sort of stabilizer to gas and or upper cyl lubricant to help out so if its working for you keep doing whatever it is that you do. I am a firm believer Seafoam does work wonders! I run it occasionally in all my vehicles.