View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #27
Dick Carne

Default Re: Little Trailer behind a Model A

We plan to put one of the reproduction Mullins trailers on our Cabriolet. We purchased ours in two separate transactions from the previous owner (one for the frame and axles - the second for the body), who pulled it behind his 1930 fordor for many a mile back in the 1970's when his children were still living at home. I believe that Superior Glass Works out of Portland may still be making these. They show two phone numbers: 833-829-9634 and/or 503-829-9634. I have also been able to purchase recent lid hinges (it originally came with a piano hinge) and lid locks (the original was just a pair of rubber latches similar to hood latches). I was able to get these from:

Michael Johnson, OD
5777 Greenback Lane St.100 100 S. Harding Blvd. Ste. 1
P: 916-231-0034 P: 916-783-8109
F: 916-231-0038 F: 916-783-8649

Another concern will be finding someone to make you a solid trailer hitch. Ours ties into both of the rear bumper arms on the opposite sides of the cross brace, and also to the rear crossmember. My wife and I have talked about taking some longer trips in the Cabriolet once it is finished (it mainly lacks upholstery and top), and using the trailer will make loading and unloading much easier - also expanding what can be taken. We are thinking that it might also be nice for group tours to carry soft drinks and "supplies" for the group. There just doesn't seem to be enough room in the rumble seat of our roadster, so I appreciate your inquiry. Good luck to you and safe travels.
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote