View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #10
Keith True

Default Re: Model A Nightmare Fire

Tom,this happened to me one year ago March 7.Everything in the house,one Model A in the cellar,parts,motorcycles,everything.Losing the dogs made the house seem unimportant.I can't say I know just how you feel,just that I have an idea.'i was EXTREMELY fortunate,in I have equipment to clean up and build with,another house to stay in,and the ability to rebuild it all myself.I really don't know how I would have made it through circumstances like yours.I came to grips with it real fast,probably because there was no other option,and no time for it.I called it in a 9:50 AM,they were there at 10,and at 3;00 PM I was standing there in the yard,all alone looking at my cellar hole.After a couple of minutes letting it soak in,it was like somebody threw a switch.I was over it.There was nothing I could do,so there was no point in moaning about it.The dogs were another story.That I won't get over.A neighbor,(a dog lover) took my excavator and buried them for me.I couldn't go through the rubble until they were taken out.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote