View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 06:44 AM   #11
Timstruck

Default Re: Wide Five Spare Tire Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandtired View Post
The rod part of yours is for a 35 pickup or panel. The correct 36 bar like piece also fits a 37 and does not have that bend at the top. The correct 36/7 bar has an "eye" in the middle and an "eye" at top, unlike the 35 which has the bend on top with the threaded piece on the end. The 36 and 37 rod and spare tire carrier are fairly plentiful, especially compared to the 35 bar which was a one year part for the 35-37 series of commercial vehicles. The spare mounting flange for the wide 5 is pretty much the same for 36-39 making them relatively common. The 38/9 bar is not the same as 35 or 36/7, having 2 "eyes" in the middle and not one like the 36/7.
Thanks, I will adjust my online search. This ‘35 part fit my ‘36 with no issues. It mounted in to the factory holes. I also did a mock up fit of a spare tire with the existing plate and the tire fits perfectly in the lower depression and cab location, etc. That being said, it would be nice to have the correct one installed. A couple posts above have said parts are available but I’m finding nothing in my searching.