View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #5
LeonardS

Default Re: Toe-in adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick M View Post
Here is what I do. I take a block of wood and drill a hole the same size as a sharpie pen. Drill the hole on an angle so when the block wood is on the floor the pen will touch the tire. Place the Sharpie pen in the hole. Jack up a front tire just off of the floor so that it can turn. Place the block on the floor in front of the tire and hold it in place so that the tip of the pen scribes against the center of the tire and creates a center line. Spin the tire slowly to create the center line on the circumference of the tire. Do the same on the other front tire. This method removes any variance created by a slightly bent rim.
Place both front wheels on the floor and take a measurement between the center lines in the front. Place the measuring tape against the bumper braces to get a level reading. Then, go around to the back side and take a measurement between the center lines. Place the tape against the bottom of the A-Bars to get a level reading.
The front measurement needs to be 1/16 of an inch smaller than the back measurement.
I have used this method several times with excellent results...
Viel gluckness!!!
I agree, but roll the car forward several feet before measuring.
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote