View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #20
77Birdman

Default Re: 29 Woodie for sale

I am a 4th generation master carpenter, period furniture maker. Cars are a hobby that I love. This is the kind of thing that I have wanted to build for a long time. I study wood body cars anytime I see one. Although not in depth. I feel that it may be challenging at times, there is nothing there that is beyond my skill level. I believe I could build the body with a pile of hardwood and some drawings. There was a guy in Hershey a few years ago selling wood bodies, I think he also had drawings for sale. I suppose what I am trying to say is that 'I'm not scared'.
Back to the OP, looks like a modern rear end as well, but from what I gather it wouldnt be too hard to put together an original type drive train.

I may have to talk to my brother about this. If I could get it for 5k us I think that would be worth the gamble. Not being the correct cowell has me concerned though. If I put the time and money into a project this large it would have to be right, not close enough. AND, by the time the borders are open my current car may be finished.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote