View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #6
jwmckenzie

Default Re: 29 Woodie for sale

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
Model A officianados please correct my ignorance, but although the panel layout looks right, there is something about the body in its entirety that looks 'off'. I would surmise at some point, perhaps the 60's a new body was constructed. Regardless essentially buying a chassis and cowell. That being said, my bucket list is to build a wood car and this would make a great start, curious what the price would be with the exchange right. These things always seem to pop up at the wrong time. I am about a year away from finishing my current project.
Yes there are things about this Woody that are not as Ford produced it.

Much of the original hardware is not pictured: front door hinges, tailgate hinges, rear corner brackets, rear wheelhouses, to name a few.

Of course the front seat.....

I don't think the Cowl is the correct one for a '29 Woody. Would need closer pics of the front door hinge. Here is a pic of an original Cowl, notice the hinge is continuous not like a sedan with just three hinges (which I think I see on the woody listed)

Still, if you are not looking for an original, might be a good project for someone.

Last edited by jwmckenzie; 03-03-2021 at 09:55 AM. Reason: add pic
jwmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote