View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #32
Los_Control

Default Re: A few questions on a 8BA

Ol stinky! .... I have a habit of naming things, Wife car is Lady Belle, my old dodge truck is hound dog hauler. I had another truck project awhile back, I sat in it for the first time, it spoke to me and told me it's name was Molly ..... I get carried away naming things.

I have not been able to work on this motor the last week, had to get Lady Belle ready for a trip to New Mexico.

Back at it today, I pulled the bell housing off and all the pressure plate bolts .... I even took apart the pressure plate .... I know they need to be adjusted, they look pretty robust to me ... do we re-use them?
Tapping it with a hammer, it just wont fall off the flywheel ... I see no other bolts to hold it ... thinking I need a bigger hammer and a pry bar. Unless there is a trick I do not know about, the clutch should fall off the fly wheel.

I pulled the water pumps today, they actually feel real good will check into rebuilding them .... more mouse nest behind them.

Going after the cam gear, I drained the oil. turns out it is not real oil ... it is a mixture of something someone put in it in the past to try and free it up ... man does the oil stink ... I just cant help it, the mouse nest smell terrible, then the old bad oil .... I get within 15 feet of this thing and it smells really really bad. I just cant help it, this motors name is Ol'stinky Sad part is, whatever I put it in, the motor is the heart and the vehicle will carry the name of stinky .... sigh!
Los_Control is offline   Reply With Quote