Thread: misfire update
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:14 PM   #9
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: misfire update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
You need to continuously monitor the gauge, just not a snap-shot. What does the gauge do when she begins to roll?
I left the guage on the tubing for several minutes and watched it. The needle remained steady even through the idle surges. As best I can describe it, from the set idle speed (which is about 600rpm right now), it stays that way for about 3 seconds, then the idle speed drops down (sometimes so slow that the engine almost dies), but then it cycles back up to normal idle speed. repeat, repeat. However during all this cycling, the vacuum needle is steady as she goes at 19.
Right now, I have a spare carb sitting on a tuna can with gas in the float bowl to sit overnight and see if the power valve leaked into the tuna can in the morning.
There is no whistling noise anywhere, but when the idle surges down, sometimes you can hear a sound like compressed air rushing out at high pressure from cylinder #8 somewhere. I pulled the spark plug boot and tried to tighten #8 spark plug but it is already super tight. But when the idle is up, there is no air rushing sound. It is a minimal spurt, like it may be coming out of #8 intake valve guide, but thats a wild guess. All cylinders are firing great and engine starts up like brand new.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote