Thread: misfire update
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 AM   #4
KULTULZ

Arrow Re: misfire update

Quote:
I got out my vacuum tester and connected it to the manifold tubing. The vacuum was still very low, so I fiddled with the carburator idle/fuel mixture screws on the carb and got it up to 19 inches, but there is still that surge in idle.

I disconnected the vacuum advance from the carb and plugged the tubing from the carb and connected my timing light and adjusted the timing to about 8 degrees BTDC then reconnected the vacuum advance tubing.
Sorry Dave, I didn't explain that very well. She is reading #19 steady. That's good. You need to watch the gauge while she is idling especially when she starts to roll. That reading should indicate whether it is a vacuum leak(s) or a carb problem.

Here is a partial reading chart that may help. Just post what the needle is doing at idle and beginning of roll.

- https://www.onallcylinders.com/2016/...auge-readings/

- MULTI-VEHICLE SYNTHETIC TRANSMISSION FLUID -

Multi-vehicle transmission fluids are becoming more and more popular in the marketplace. Oil marketers design these fluids for a wide range of automatic transmission types. While they are not licensed by any specific auto manufacturer ... ??? ... enough said ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote