View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:59 PM   #42
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Interesting read in Hemmings about restoration costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942deluxe View Post
I've seen Bob Green's green 71 Torino in person. My former salesman sold him his original grabber blue 71 convertible at Mount Carmel, PA. (Kuzo Brothers Ford Mercury). Jack and I had the same reaction when looking at the car "they never had that good of panel gaps, ect. from the factory". We both thought the restoration cost had to be north of 100k. He has a 69 Mach 1, 428 4speed that I think has around 5k miles. I remarked to Bob the fit and finish on the 2008 Shelby GT 500 we sold him was 100% better but I'd still give a body part for the 69 Mach 1.....
You're probably right on the restoration cost, and, the guy did a lot of the work himself. Could you imagine hiring out that level of restoration. Yikes.

I guess bringing this back to Model A Fords, the same applies. Those guys that have those beautiful 490 plus point Fine Point Judging Model A's have a lot of sweat and money in the cars.

I'm glad they do. I love seeing them, and will never be at that level myself so I gladly look over their cars.

One thing I like about the Model A News from MARC, is the pages of DETAILED photos they publish on the Fine Point cars. Amazing stuff.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)