View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
moonraker

Default We live in truly amazing times!

A lot of younger folks take it for granted, but I keep on being amused by how modern technology advances make our lives easier. Not long ago I had a rare wind wing bracket broken on my '39 Fordor. I couldn't find that part anywhere and it was impossible to repair it. A friend told to have it made. I did some investigation and it turned out to be doable and not very expensive. 3D model cost me about $7 and manufacturing of the part - about $60. The most amazing part of this ordeal was that the manufacturer is located 3000 miles from me - I found a site where people post different parts needed to be manufactured (no matter how big or small, what material, quantity etc.) and interested factories, workshops or individuals reply and fulfill the task. My request was answered by an individual living in Siberia, we negotiated, I sent the model files, the part was manufactured, I paid and the part was shipped to me. The quality is very good and I'm completely satisfied.
P.S. I totally agree with Louis CK when he spoke how everything's amazing and nobody's happy. https://youtu.be/kBLkX2VaQs4

moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote