View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #65
HOTROD_WILLIE

Default Re: 2014 Gettysburg Meet Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Alan, just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity... What is the difference between traveling on a week day or a weekend??? Also, typically, hotel occupancy is stronger on weekdays than on weekends. This is due to the large amount of business travelers during the week. Thus, the weekend room rates are generally cheaper...! Check any of the myriad hotel/motel room web sites... I'm just sayin'. It appears to me that the EFV8 Club is wrong on both counts. Also, I know from my own experience, when my kids were small, and I was a member of the EFV8 club, they and my wife had little or no interest in going to any automotive events on vacation. There are a lot of "dedicated V8ers" who won't "block out their next vacation, at the expense of their family's, to attend an EFV8 Meet. If the EFV8 club really wants to accommodate their membership, perhaps they should take a survey to get a consensus. They might find that holding the Meets over a weekend would be preferred, imagine that. We all know that you can't please everyone all the time but... It would be nice if they gave it a try.
None of the explanation fits about hotel room. There are a lot shows that are during the weekend. GG show are during the weekend. The Moonshiner show is during the weekend. A lot of local show during the weekend. These show have a lot of people that goes to these shows. I am still a working man and family man. Vacation need to be w/ the family. Cars are hobby. I feel that EFV8 are leaving a lot of us out the pic. when planning these shows. Soon are later it will hurt the club. I go to about 3 big shows a year. That requires renting a rooms or camping they are all on the weekends. Vic and Bruce thanks again for comments keep up the good work. Peace

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-27-2014 at 07:50 AM.