View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #38
Joe K

Default Re: Beware of new EP15 gasoline.

Quote:
I don,t put it anything that it will harm.
Yer fortunate. In Cow Hampshire, we have not a choice. Straight gasoline is NOT available.

Heh. When I worked in Florida last year I was surprised to find gas stations advertising "Regular Gas - no ethanol." I also noticed it ran 25 cents more a gallon (as you said.)

I think the price differential is the result of the vagaries of the marketplace. EVERYWHERE you look on the internet people are reporting reduced mileage from e10. Perhaps the mileage premium is the buyer's justification to put non-e10 in their vehicle? And the seller's justification to increase the price?

The marketplace does have a way of evening everything out. High Test gasoline costs more than regular because the oxygenating ingredients make the combustion efficiency higher resulting in slightly better mileage - and the product is priced to the fractional mile per gallon proportion.

E10 really raised heck with my John Deere 110. The Viton tipped carburetor float needle kept sticking to the valve seat. A little ATF in the gas seems to have solved it? Well except for the first start after the winter when I have to give the carburetor a stout tap with a hammer handle.

Joe K