View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
Carter

Default Re: Here's to BUBBA aka Jim Lindner

I know I'll end up alone here, and expect to be bashed for it, but here goes.

Jim did some great work for me. The cast iron Mallory in my roadster works perfectly. I haven't used either of the crab units he did for me, but I have no doubt they will perform flawlessly.
However, it took months and months to get things back. dozens of phone calls. He has had two of my distributors for over two years and three months. I have talked to several other people who have had the same kind of problems, but they don't say anything because everyone here has a high opinion of Jim and they don't want to start any trouble. I have done the same for over two years, but not today. I'm sure I'll get all kinds of responses about how there are two sides to the story and such, but here it is. I sent Jim a big box of distributors in October 2011. We discussed what I wanted back and what was trade fodder. Lots of two piece cap Mallory stuff. We agreed on everything, and I have still not seen the only two distributors back out of the box that I wanted after 27 months. One needed shaft work the other just a stock AutoLite that was having no work done, just being used as a reference for the other. I've called countless times and been told it will be done in a couple weeks, it's almost done, then oh, I haven't started on it yet. After about one year, I told him to send me all of my stuff back, the deal was off, and he got all apologetic and said oh, I'll get right on it. I'd guess he rebuilt my trade ins and sold them, so he couldn't send my stuff back. That's all there is to it.

So, now that I've posted this I'm certain I'll never get my distributors back, but after all this time I doubt i would have anyway.

You may ask why I would post this here, and not pm or email or call Jim. Because I've been doing all of those things for over two years with no results.

Last edited by Carter; 01-19-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Carter is offline   Reply With Quote