View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
QGolden

Default Re: Trouble with spark lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Yes

Let me edit this. The lever is moved down until the engine runs the best. At a given speed one can move the lever down and the engine rpm will increase, if you go further nothing more will be gained and as a matter of fact the engine can be damaged. All this depends on the initial timing, engine condition and the like.

So the statement or start with it up then pull if all the way down is not correct.

This is from the owners manual;
Yup, I aware of that, I just wanted to be clear that I understood his issue through the typos.

Seems he needs to do a bit of homework and check his timing if the the answer to my question is yes, and learn a bit more about the car. Lots of threads here with details on timing for him.

This video is worth a thousand posts!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xc7r0d...%3D3Xc7r0djEKo

Procure a copy of the owners manual is also a great start, and Post some pictures. Oh, and welcome!

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote