View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #80
OLD...BILL

Default Re: 1938 Ford truck distributor

OK Mr. Baker, I don.t see a thing that would keep the engine from running. and running good, I am sure you will it get clean inside and up-inside too. I would use a pressure washer, everywhere, and now you need to get some lube on the bone dry cam and lifters, before you start cranking, some ASSEMBLY LUBE would be best on the cam lobes and the lifter bottoms, it will not be easy with all the crank and rods in the way, but it is needed, some other good lubes, are Valvoline " Synpower" spry can or squirt some Marvel mystery oil up in the area, That area is normally supplied by splash,,,, no WG40 at this point.
Now with all that fresh paint, as you are ready to start. put a good squirt of MMO in each cylinder, and crank the engine over( cover the plug holes ) as it will splash, all over your new paint. now just a dab of fresh gas in each cylinder
now with plugs in and ready to start, run a hot wire from, the battery neg to the coil, and it will start, as it dose, pull the hot wire off the coil . Its a 4 volt coil ... and now its running .... good job. ... OLD...BILL
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote