View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Amount OF TIME TO BUILD YOUR CAR

Since my builds are not "restorations" but drivers that represent a theme or time period, and the fact that I'm not retired, definitely has its pluses and minuses on build times. My 40 coupe took about 2.5 years part time to "rebuild" not restore to a late 50s theme, my avatar took 7 years (time and money were definitely issues along with my quest to make it as authentic an early 50s hot rod that I could make it), my present 40 p-up has so far taken 2+ and it will be a more early 60s theme. But, retirement is getting closer and it will be done sooner rather than later I expect because of that fact. I also get side tracked due to family, other interests, and other issues like just not wanting to do anything at that time - it is a hobby for me and I don't want that to change and make it "my day job". I have a 32 5-window in the wings that needs tons of work - we'll see how long that takes me!

What I do try and do is do a little something (if not more) in the garage whenever possible - that really helps keep me focused - even if it's not on the present project .
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote