View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #21
Chalupa55

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

My dads a Ford man, my grandfather was a Chevy man. It was always fun giving each other a hard time. My first car was an 73' El Camino and even though my dad didn't want me to get it he said ok the boys gotta learn a lesson some how. That car was a nightmare. Lesson learned!!!

My second car was my 55' Country Sedan that I still have (waiting patiently for her time), I drove this car everywhere 10,000 miles the first year,the car had 170,000 on it when I got it with only having new bearings and a re-ringing in the 80's. Burned a qt. of oil every 100 mi. if you gave to much throttle you'd have a blue cloud the size of Texas behind you. Even burning so much oil I never had one problem with this car other than replacing the front crossmember, can't say the same about the El Camino.

I'm a fan of all the BIG 3, but Fords are it for me. I inherited my grandfathers 58' Impala and these are beautiful cars, but after disassembling it and my 55' you can see the differences between the two. Examples would be thickness in steel for frames, size and amount of bolts used, wheel stud sizes. Now I'm not saying there bad cars, my granfathers cars/trucks never gave him major problems, I just don't think there as well built.