View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #132
[email protected]

Default Re: '26 and '21 getting ready for spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
Just imagine driving that tudor in Phoenix tomorrow... 107 in the shade; and there aint no shade down there! The one beater touring car we had up north was missing the top part of the floorboards. Man the heat would roll in there! It was neat at night tho to see the manifold glowing red! ws
My sister lives in Phoenix and all I hear from her is one complaint after another about how hot it is. All I can think of is tough sh-t. She lived in the U. P. before that. That's right she was a uper. Her husband had a job working for the steel company up there. Everyday he had to walk a mile long pipeline down to a dam and chase all the morons off steel company property. Then he'd walk back and he was done for the day. They had free housing a company truck and their utilities were paid. They had to pay their own phone. So they didn't have one. But after a few years he got bored and packed up the whole bunch and moved them to Gila Bend Arizona. Then divorced her, left her broke and moved to DC. She raised her kids and remarried a guy who's job is walking the bomb range at the airforce base by Gila Bend. His job is to keep the illegals off the range after they jump the border. He finds bales of marydidjawanta and other stuff all the time. He has control over the entire bomb range from the Mexican border to the northern range border. When the border patrol wants to go into the range they have to ask him and either he or one of his employees goes in with them. Otherwise they can't go on the range. He's constantly finding abandoned cars and pickups and has them towed off the range. They become property of the US Govt and the weirdest thing of all is that he works for a private contractor out of Alaska. He's always sending me pictures of some of the stuff they find out on the range. He says every once in a while he finds bodies of people who didn't make it. Sometimes because of airstrikes. Sometimes it's no more than bleached out bones. They seldom identify who the people are. He's out there day and night no matter what the temp is. He drives 60 miles one way everyday to work and he loves his job. He's about 6'2" and goes about a buck sixty. He's a really great guy but I worry about his sanity and my sisters well-being. Ya gotta be nuts to want to live in AZ.

I'm not to worried about the heat in the car. Like you said I can open the vent in the cowl and let the air flow around the gas tank and I'll push the windshield out and lock it. I'll make sure I've got some cold water and I'll dress appropriately. Tomorrow is a wash and a polish and then I'll go out and clean the car up. Bwahahahaha! Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, I'll be here all week. Thank you!
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote