View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #128
[email protected]

Default Re: '26 and '21 getting ready for spring

Front end is really doing good now. The death wobble is all gone and it drives like a dream. I shimmed the tie-rod bolts. .016" on the drivers side and .006" on the other side. Everything else on the front end is in good shape. Shackles and shackle bushings are good, front spring mount is good. Idler arm ball is lubed and tight, wishbone socket and ball is tight. I just drove the vehicle around different roads in the area for about an hour and a half. I purposely tried to get it to go into the death wobble and couldn't do it. The motor runs excellent, the transmission makes the same noises it always did, the muffler is shot and sounds exactly I want it to sound. The radiator runs cool and doesn't leak. It doesn't drip gas or oil. I've got 82.5% of the rattles stopped. I believe after filling it with gas and washing it tomorrow it's going to be as ready for the tour on Saturday as it's ever going to be. If I've got anything at all to complain about it's that even with the windows down that sucker feels like somebody's got the heater on. I mean it was very warm inside that car. But I got home and popped the top on a cold beer and life is getting better all the time. God bless our Model Ts.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote