View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: The Michigan Theater

I hafta rant too... as a kid, my mom and I travelled quite a bit; always went to places youd remember. The top of the washington monument, the Statue of Liberty, the St Louis Arch, the sears tower and even the Eiffel Tower... As a traveller by train or air in those days, it was something special, and most people wore better than casual clothes, like a sport coat and a tie, mom always wore a dress with gloves, then today you squish into a plane full of slobs that havent bathed for two days. RANT OFF.
Back on topic, its a rotten shame to go to a movie-plex mall with 28 different theaters, gangsters kick boxing each other outside from having just seen some digitized violent film, with 5000 people squished into nothing more than a morton building. Even back in the early sixties, we went to movie PREMIERS like How the West Was Won, Flight of the Phoenix, Mutiny on the Bounty, The Great Race, (got to see Tony Curtis and NATALIE!) etc with searchlights and lotsa dressed people out for the extravaganza.
Some time as an adolescent, I struck out on my own, and the world changed before I could notice. Now, all I wish for is closure on some of this stuff, but the bulldozers beat me to it. Plug Pulled! ws
yachtsmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote