Thread: 40 Opera Coupe
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #27
Kube

Default Re: 40 Opera Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
So... There are Opera Seats in Business Coupes?

Maybe Lawson should co-author that chapter!
Alan, you've already surmised we are fighting a loosing battle here.
I was taught years ago, if ya can't be right, be loud. Or, as some guy might say, "if ya can't be smart, be tough".
Some guys just don't care to learn, especially when it goes against something they believe and / or have invested in.
I hope Lawson is keeping a careful eye on documentation as he's writing his book. Are you Lawson?
Personally I like to learn. Writing this '40 book has taught me much already and subsequently changed prior beliefs. I can only imagine the backlash by some when it is published - never mind the documentation! With all the very high point 40 Fords I've restored, I have found that there were mistakes made. If I made them, you can bet LOTS of others did as well. How much would you like to bet nearly all will NOT accept the documented proof but rather insist their cars remain correct?
Oh well, all I can do is be a good messenger...

What gets me most in instances like this post is the original post asked what terms the two coupes were given. Only a few of us actually answered the guys question. The rest, while perhaps adding to our discussion did little to answer the question posed. I only hope the original poster got what he desired out of this...
Alan, kind regards to you sir.
Mike
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote