View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 03:11 AM   #17
Lawrie

Default Re: Trip to the nationals in the 34

Thanks Kevin
I left early this morning with nearly a frost on the car,.and promptly turned right instead of left, 80 kms extra,before back on track.
Stopped at a small country cemetery,and made coffee and had a home mad biscuit, took some pics here.
The Colton is in full harvest and the piles of huge bails is amazing, they tell me $2000 per bail.
Later I came open another cattle drive,something you don’t see if on the. main roads.
Further on the 34 missed a bit then more then hardly enough power to get off the road, then stopped, I tried to restart but not a murmur from the starter, looking down I see my feet had knocked the battery isolating switch off, flicking it back we were off.
On the last stretch today I sat on 55-60. Mph as the road was nice and straight,but I noticed the temp up a very small amount above what has been normal.
When I stopped for the night I found why, radiator 1/2 blocked with bugs and stuff.
Today was a great day,nearly 500 klms all on back roads.
I know why the crooks used these old fords in the day, they burn along at 50-60 no drama,ride the bumps and whoops no worries.
Lawrie
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote