View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 03:43 PM   #14
Banditorama

Default Re: Carburetor leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDR View Post
I am new to Ford Barn having just acquired a 1930 Coupe. When I got the car, the carb was leaking from the bowl vent. I rebuilt the carb using a standard rebuild kit and believe I fixed most of the leaking issues, but I'm not sure the float fits correctly. The new float I received is narrower at the mounting point, where the pin goes through, and has a lot of side to side play. That doesn't seem right to me, but I haven't found anything that details if the side to side play is ok or if it needs to fit tightly. Has anyone encountered that when replacing the float?

I also found I needed to replace the fuel shut off valve because it was not completely shutting off fuel flow. I tried to replace the fuel shut off valve with a new one and the pencil screen that is supposed to push into the tank side fitting would not fit. The replacement inside fuel line I received is almost 1" too long as well.

Am I receiving poor parts or is this par for the course with replacement parts? Any guidance is appreciated. I really just want to get out on the road!
There's several different carburetors that fit on the Model A. You may have ended up with a float that was made for a different carburetor.
Banditorama is online now   Reply With Quote